To be continued.....

Welcome to the complex mind of a greatest average Joe.....

4:58 PM

The day the earth stood ‘still ’:

Posted by aSwIn kUmAr |


            In all these years, September has been the fiesta time for me. As you know, my birthday is in the month of September; also I will get study (!) holidays. But life in 2009 turned back the clock a month before. This was the interesting August I’ve ever had in my life. There was lots of interactions, lots of travel, lots of running, lots of class bunking…..there was lots of such ‘lots’ which made to forget that I have a blog and I have to update it!
            One of the memorable event happened last month was my sudden trip to Kerala. This was my third visit there, after 4 years. Kerala has been my favorite since my childhood. All those greeneries, backwaters, roof houses, people…….I just like it.
             But the sad part is it was a two day visit.  I had a crazy thought [I used to get a lot of it] of holding on the rotation of earth, so that I may get some more time. Wait…could I really do that?? Could I make the earth stand still??  ‘Still’?  Eureka!! There is a way! When you have a camera, why should you worry? Let me ‘Frame’ those moments using it…..I think this is the reason why some call it a still camera[:)]
              Thanks to Neela uncle and Prashu akka, I’ve got this new friend ‘Canon power shot 110 is’.  This is a new digital camera, replacing my old film camera. My old cam was indeed a good one, I must admit it. But I couldn’t take scenery shots much, as my dad always insist me not to waste film rolls on it , rather than taking pics of family members. Now with this replacement, I had no worries….these are some of the pics :

 one fine evening.........


                 flowers imprisoned........


                    one of may favorite......
 
what a pair!!!!
  
i 'shot' him while he was shooting someone! 
  
could you see the bee there?? 
  
standing tall..... 
  
 mountain view....
  
it's a statue actually... 
  
i ran behind the bird to take a snap...
  
at last it took pity on me and gave a pose...


  
the other side of the dam..... 


  
lake view...... 
  
 it looks as if it is waiting for someone......
 
 i didn't expect i would get this shot.....i tried at past in vain....looks like a shot in maniratnam movie....


                       
              Though I was passionate about photography, I admit the fact that I am still half way from becoming a good photographer. Mostly I prefer the pics of nature, as it is more challenging and endeavoring one. The trees, flowers, sun, sky won’t come to us and say ‘cheese’. You have to go for it, that’s the challenge there. As of humans, we can picture them at anytime, anywhere, at any desired pose…we are indeed good at it!
                Next night, I was on my way back to home. As usual, my eyes flew outside the window. I felt someone is following me. It’s the moon…. beautiful full moon. Everything else was just darkness…no vehicles, no houses, no street lights….it’s just me, moon and darkness…..could I stop this moment? I couldn’t, because battery was down for my friend! I wondered whether I could get another chance to stop the clock ….why not! This September we gonna go for industrial visit [which is an unofficial excursion!]….
Come September! ‘cause August really rocked!!!

To Be Continued………

4 comments:

pRiYaN...! said...

its nice 2 see u writing here....i second u !! 'kerala' is really a fabulous place....when i went to kerala i learned to admire nature and beauty...now it has turned you into a photographer....wow!!! excellent post!

-bluffmaster

Deepak said...

hey great shots dude!..... There are much more great moments awaiting in ur life which can be STILLED wid this SKILL.....template is nice.....but what does tat sofa means? :P

Prasanthi Neeladaran said...

Beautiful pics Ashwin! I so miss visiting my home Kerala...Last time I visited was ~10 yrs ago....It sure is gods own land and my fav. place on earth:) Just learnt we have something in common....TC

pRiYaN...! said...

hey visit my blog !!! and gather ur rewards!

Post a Comment

Subscribe